Foodie Friday: Chicken with White Wine Gravy (Pantry Meal)


Aricka has been nominated for Best Foodie Blog of the Year!!!!!!!
If you agree, which you should!! ;) go on and vote for her, voters are also eligible for a prize!
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/504857
Don't forget to add her name on the bottom of the form for the vote to count "Shamrocks and Shenanigans"
Guess what day it is?!? It's Foodie Friday with My Dear Friend Aricka at Shamrocks and Shenanigans.  For today's post she made an AWESOME Chicken with White Wine Gravy (Pantry Meal)


My cupboards are bare. It is the night before I shop and there is literally two nights of meat left in the freezer and a bunch a canned goods. The Fireman is home so I am expected to cook. This is where I pull out my Pantry meals. This one is an old one too. I took this from Gram (back when I was barely married to The Fireman) who probably took it from a Woman Day's or some sort of magazine. It has been copied to the backs of envelopes and tweaked for my family. I have to make twice the gravy. Just don't tell The Tortured Teenager that it has Cream of Chicken soup in it or she will never eat it again! She has a thing against any recipe with Cream of Anything Soup in it!

Chicken with White wine Gravy-Pantry Meal
Printer Friendly Version



1 cut up chicken (like what you would use for fried chicken but all I have is breasts)
1/2 finely chopped onions (the smaller the better for picky eaters)
1/2 to 3/4 cup white wine (make sure it's a dry wine you really would drink...I prefer to drink red but I will drink this too!)
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
salt and pepper

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Mine are old so I added some olive oil.

Salt and pepper chicken. Add to skillet skin side down. Cook 5 minutes

turn, cook another four minutes.

Squish meat to one side of the pan (see I put mine on their sides) and add onion and cook till translucent. Aww heck, we like a little color on ours!

Add wine, carefully...drink some too! Let cook for a minute...stick your face in the fumes...don't you want to bathe in that?

Add the soup and 1/2 can of water and mix it all well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until your chicken is done. Again, mine were big pieces and I do not want raw meat. I don't have a lid for this pan, so I'm about to put foil over it!

Gram used to serve over Smashed Red potatoes but I dont have that in my bare cupboards so skins on mashed potatoes will have to do!

This is The Fireman's FAVORITE chicken gravy! Why? It's canned soup and wine! But it taste like what he ate in elementary school...at school! Lucky me! I am being compared to lunch ladies in the 60's! Such is my luck!

The Tortured Teenager practically licked her plate clean. God help me if she ever reads my blog!


For my crock pot cooks, you could brown the meat pop all ingredients into the crock pot and let cook on low for 3-4 hours. You can even toss in the potatoes! This would be perfect to make before a baseball or football game! Toss in before you leave and it will be perfect when you get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love her recipes as much as I do?

5 comments:

  1. You do take the most delicious photos, I seem to smell it! Wonderful when busy, or just hungry.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Aricka's...

    What a great recipe. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy yummy!! check out my post for monday! A little surprise for you at the end! I truly enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this has to be the most delicious chicken I have seen being cooked!
    Aricka is making me want to actually cook everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will cook this on saturday, I haven't seen any new posts about foodie fridays, so i am backtracking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and even more for leaving a comment ;) Have a great month!!!