This year is a very special Thanksgiving for us, we are having over 25+ US Military Service Members in our house who do not have a Family to spend it with. Thinking about my menu, I decided that instead of my usual red roasted potatoes, I was going to try something different for them,
"Roasted red yams with smoked paprika"
It is as delicious as it sounds!!
Here is the recipe:
makes approx. 6 servings2 medium-large (approx. 3 pnds) red yams "Red Garnet,"
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- line your baking sheets with silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Cut all the yams to approx. dice sized squares
- in a mixing bowl, toss yams, oil, and smoked paprika.
- spread the yams evenly on your baking sheets and bake for 10 mins.
- using a spatula, carefully flip your yams and bake for approx. 8-10 mins more (depending on your oven)
- Enjoy tender , while the outside is deliciously caramelized.
Your Family will thank you!
P.S. You can also add a little bit of rosemary for an even more intense flavor!
I do the majority of our shopping at Smart & Final and I was able to buy the red yams for .49 cents a pound!
Other items on sale are:
1. Farmer John Spiral Sliced Half Ham, Bone-In, Farmer John Logo @$1.99 PER LB.
2. First Street 8" Apple or , selected varieties, 24 OZ. @ $2.99
3. Dreyer's Ice Cream, selected varieties, 48 FLUID OZ. @ $2.99.
4. Pepsi or 7-UP, selected varieties, 12/12 OZ., Limit 4 total @ 4 for $10 (+CRV in CA Only).
5. Crystal Geyser Spring Water, 35/.5 LT. @ 2 for $8 (+CRV in CA Only).
Do the "Smart" thing, shop at Smart & Final, for us it's our one stop shop for everything from food to tablewares.
Do you have any special meals or dishes you love to create around special occasions?